事态恶化了。
Things really turned out terribly.
(事态恶化了。)
It's not your fault.
(这不是你的错。)
turn out这个短语在对话中经常用到。表示“结局……”、“结果……”。terribly是“非常糟糕”的意思, 其
中te要重读。直译是“事态发展的结果变得非常糟糕”。
fault “责任”。
I'm in big trouble now.
(我现在遇到大麻烦了。)
I'm sure it'll all work out.
(我确信事情能得到解决。)
be in trouble “遇到麻烦”。
work out “解决(问题等)”。
Look how terribly things turned out.
I can't believe how terribly things worked out.
(我不敢相信事情竟然发展到这么糟糕的境地。)
这里的work out 指“产生结果”。
我们的项目怎么啦?
What's happened to our project?
(我们的项目怎么啦?)
It was given to someone else.
(它被转给其他人了。)
happen “发生”。
What's happening with our project?
What's going on with our project?
这是违反合同的。
I'm increasing your working hours.
(我要延长你的工作时间。)
You can't do that. It's a breach of contract.
(你不能那么做。这是违反合同的。)
breach “违反”、 “破坏”。contract “合同”。
That goes against the contract.
against “违反”、 “违背”。
That's breaking the contract.
我不和你们做生意了。
You never returned my calls.
(你从来不给我回电话。)
I'm through doing business with you.
(我不和你们做生意了。)
never “从不”。return “还”, 这里指“回电话”。call “呼叫”、 “通话”、 “ 电话”。
be through with “终止”、 “断绝”。
I will no longer do business with you.
(我不再和你们公司做生意了。)
no longer “不再……”。
You and I are finished doing business.
我们所有的投资都打了水漂。
We lost our entire investment.
(我们所有的投资都打了水漂。)
How could you be so naive?
(你们怎么这么幼稚呢?)




