来源:互联网 发布时间:11-16
浏览量:
英语对话1:
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他在走廊上遇到了刚吃完中饭回来的美国同事Amy。
(Office ambience)
C:Amy, 吃过饭了吗?
A:I did. A group from the office went out together. We missed you.
C:我今天特别忙,所以从家里带了便当。
A:You have a worried look. Is anything wrong?
C:你可真是好眼力。我们部门昨天来了位新同事,是坐轮椅的残疾人。今天中午大家都出去吃饭了,办公室只有我们两个人。
A:That was a good opportunity for you to make her feel welcome. Was there a problem?
C:跟她在一起,我觉得很不自在,不知道怎样做才得体。
A:What happened?
C:因为只有我们两人,所以我上来先自我介绍。
A:That's exactly right. Why was that a problem?
C:我记得你说过,自我介绍的时候应该主动跟别人握手。
A:That's correct.
C:但是我不知道她能不能握手,所以就没有把手伸过去。
A:What happened?
C:结果她也介绍了自己,然后主动跟我握了手。
A:You handled that exactly right. If she had not been able to shake hands, she would not have offered hers.
C:那以后遇到残疾人,是不是都要等他们先伸手呢?
A:Yes. You never want to make assumptions about what someone in a wheelchair can or cannot do.
英语对话2:
当天下午下班前,陈豪来到Amy的办公室。
C:Amy, 你现在有时间吗?
A:Come on in. Tell me what else happened with your wheel-chair bound co-worker.
C:她在我后面热饭。微波炉的位置挺高的,我不知道她需不需要帮忙。
A:What did you do?
C:后来看她要把饭盒放进微波炉里确实很吃力,所以我就说,“May I help you?”需要帮忙吗?
A:Your instincts were on target. You were right to ask her before you took action.
C:可是当时我就傻傻地站在那儿,挺别扭的。
A:What happened next?
C:她表示了感谢,然后让我帮她把饭盒放到了微波炉里。
A:By asking her if you could help, you gave her the option to accept or reject your offer. Persons with disabilities are accustomed to doing things for themselves.
C:我也是这么想,残疾人其实都是很独立的,而且能到咱们公司来工作,一定很有能力。
A:People with disabilities appreciate offers of help, but don't like others to make assumptions about what they can or can't do.
C:下次再遇到残疾人,我该怎么做呢?
A:It is quite simple, when you introduced yourself, you let her instigate the handshake. When it appeared that she might have difficulty with something, you asked her if you could help.
上一篇 : 暂无 下一篇 : 烤地瓜机 烤地瓜机烤地瓜的原理
版权声明:
1.华商贸易网转载作品均注明出处,本网未注明出处和转载的,是出于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味 着赞同其观点或证实其内容的真实性。
2.如转载作品侵犯作者署名权,或有其他诸如版权、肖像权、知识产权等方面的伤害,并非本网故意为之,在接到相关权利人通知后将立即加以更正。联系邮箱:me@lm263.com